Brondesbury Sports Club Use of Changing Rooms and Showering Facilities Policy
Brondesbury Sports Club strives to ensure that all children are safeguarded from abuse and have an enjoyable tennis experience.
This document sets out the Brondesbury Sports Club policy for the acceptable use of our changing rooms.
- Groups of children will have sole use of changing rooms. This reduces any risks and potential vulnerability associated with mixing adults and children when changing and showering.
- If adults and children need to share our changing rooms, they will do so at different times.
- Where it is unavoidable that changing rooms are used by both adults and children at the same time, there will be access to separate changing, showering and toilet areas.
- Under no circumstances will adult staff, coaches or volunteers change or shower at the same time as children using the changing rooms.
- Mixed gender groups of children will have access to separate changing rooms, or use the same changing room but at different times.
- If we are made aware that a child or adult self-identifies as a gender that differs from the gender they were assigned at birth, we will work with them and their parents/carers (where it relates to a child) to make reasonable adjustments to changing arrangements to suit their needs (n.b. for more information on this please go to https://thecpsu.org.uk/help-advice/topics/lgbt-young-people-and-sport/)
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must not be used in changing rooms.
- For younger groups of children, a DBS checked member of staff or volunteer will wait outside the changing rooms to allow children to call for assistance if required.
- Where no changing facilities are available children, parents and travelling teams/players will be made aware prior to the game and advised to make alternative arrangements and to take appropriate additional clothing e.g. tracksuits etc.